Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sex Toys

I like to believe myself to be awkwardly promiscuous, in the sense that, yes, I do have a lot of sex with a lot of different people, but not necessarilly on purpose. I recently counted up my notches was absolutely shocked at the numbers I ended with. I'm not going to knock myself down for it at all, though. I'm a woman who enjoys every aspect of sex (except for the emotional business, you can keep that to yourself). My problem is that I have never, absolutely never, had an orgasm from sex.

WHAT THE HELL!?

It's not entirely fair, you see. Because I still enjoy sex even without the explosion at the end. But I decided that it was time for me to indulge in the ever-so-elusive orgasm. So I decided that I needed to fix the problem myself.

Yeup. I got a vibrator*.
And let me tell you, it is the most amazing thing in the world!
So now, like an asshole, I consider myself to be a connoisseur of sex toys. Though I'm no Katie Morgan, I hope that this is at least informative to those of you on the brink of "should I or shouldn't I, and which one if I do?"

The Basic Vibrator


Inexpensive, easy to use, and gets the job done. While it doesn't have the grooves and the texture of an actual penis, it's great for those who are still really tight and aren't necessarilly used to the idea of foreign penetration. The outer layer makes for very smooth insertion, and the adjustable speed allows for one to set and control at their own pace. I recommend using it to stimulate the g-spot and the clitoris for varying degrees of orgasm. Take advantage of the curved head, as it is made for direct g-spot stimulation. Always, always, always use soap and water BEFORE and AFTER, and use a WATER BASED lubricant, and most are made with silicon, and a petroleum based lubricant (or vaseline, or lotion, etc) will EAT THROUGH YOUR VIBRATOR. As a side note, never use lotion or vaseline with condoms, as it eats through latex, quite literally forming little holes that allow for the transmission of STDs and/or unwanted babies.

The Basic Dildo

A dildo like this is grooved and shaped to take the look and feel of an actual penis, without the grouchy man attached to it. Because it does not vibrate, it is meant for manual stimulation. Basically, to simulate sex. Because dildos such as the above posted are typically made of silicon, ALWAYS wash with soap and water before and after, and ONLY use water-based lubricants. And USE A LUBRICANT.

The Rabbit

My personal favorite, the rabbit is built for multiple stimulation. The shaft is textured and grooved for added sensitivity when inserted into the vagina. The actually "rabbit" is meant to stimulate your clitoris while the shaft stimulates your g-spot and the surrounding areas. This is THE ultimate sexual pleasure toy. When purchasing one of these, it's best to splurge on a pricier version. Not only will they last longer, but they'll come with multiple speeds, and often times they'll have many other perks as well. Some come with spinning balls on the inside that massage as they vibrate, some come made with a softer silicon for a more "real" feeling, and still others are just there for size. Always keep in mind what you can handle, because mishaps involving sex toys are always extremely awkward when you're in the emergency room. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wash before and after with soap and water, and ALWAYS use water-based lubricants. If you tend to use condoms with your sex toys, the rabbit will often be difficult because the condom will not go all the way down. No worries. Just make sure that you lubricate every part, and don't jut assume that the condom will take care of the lubrication.

Ben-Wah Balls

These are not necessarilly used for pleasure (although, trust me, they can be). Ben Wah balls are actually used to increase the strength of the vaginal walls and intensify orgasms. DO NOT EVER USE THESE DURING INTERCOURSE. You insert them into your vagina...and then kegel! A decent set of Ben Wah balls will be weighted, so it's almost as if you're vagina is lifting weights, only you won't get tired, and the benefits most certainly outweight the risks. As the walls in your vagina strengthen, they tighten. How did Madonna put it...? "Like a virgin...." My advice would be to purchase plastic balls for the first time. As you strengthen your PC muscles, you can slowly move into the metal balls, but if you're not yet strong enough, the metal ones will fall out. It takes quite a bit of training, but after a while, you'll be Ben Wah-ing like a pro. As with every toy, wash with soap and water before and after each use.

Of course, there are a whole slew of other toys out there, but since I personally haven't tried them, I am not qualified enough to write about them. Hopefully this was educational enough and you're able to make an informed decision regarding your next pleasure purpose.

--Allegra




*The vibrators were actually gifted to me from a much-loved friend. Thanks, Steph :)

No comments:

Post a Comment